XIV SAAS CONFERENCE
UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA
APRIL 9-11, 2019
(from the ESSE website)
Call for Papers website provided by the Department of English at the University of Pennsylvania
Free access to courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University.
Hombres soñados por escritoras de hoy, Cristina Alsina, Rodrigo Andrés y Angels Carabí, eds.
XIV SAAS CONFERENCE
Guidelines for Panelists
GUIDELINES FOR CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS
- Abstracts of Proposals are to be e-mailed directly to the chair of the selected panel using this form. The deadline for submitting abstracts is October 15, 2018. Panel chairs are expected to accept/reject proposals and have panels set up by November 15 and send the final lists to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Selection of papers shall follow strict academic criteria: the relevance of the proposal to the panel topic, clarity of exposition, originality, correct use of references, etc.
- Panels cannot have more than THREE contributions each.
-All participants should send their panel coordinators a brief CV of approx. 300 words, indicating their present affiliation and main publications.
- The final version of papers should never exceed 2.500 words. Panelists will be talking for about 20' and there will be a final round of questions once all panelists have presented their contributions. Panel chairs are also expected to offer a brief summary and comments on the contributions to their own panels.
- Panel sessions should not last more that one hour and thirty minutes, including the question/answer section.
- All participants MUST have registered for the Conference ahead of time.
- Panel chairs are also expected to dissuade panelists from simply reading their papers.
- Participants can present only one paper at SAAS Conferences
- In case of joint papers, only one of the authors can deliver it at the Conference. The co-author is entitled, however, to participate in the discussion and debate following the paper presentation.
- If panelists have any special requirements for their presentations, they should let their panel chairs know as soon as possible and fill up the appropriate section of the paper proposal form.
- Participants who have not registered by the cut-off date established by Conference organizers will not be included in the official program.
- You can obtain more information on the Conference venue by visiting the Conference's website